Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Blog's for YOU!

Hello Marshall Team!

One of the things that I enjoy most about what I do is motivating and encouraging others to be ALL they can be!  It's a New Year and a new beginning for all of us!  Have you set your goals?  Have you dared to dream?  Well, this is the first of many weekly blogs to follow for our Marshall National Team.  Most of you I don't get to see on a regular basis, so hopefully this will give me an opportunity to connect with you, share what's on my heart and what's going on in our "world".

As I was thinking about what I wanted to say to all of you this week, I thought it might be a good idea for me to be really transparent with you so that you will know we are all "real" people, growing a"real" business and as a result of that....we experience "real" life, right?  One of the common misconceptions of what we do is we assume that if we are not successful right away in beginning our business, we must not be "meant" to do this.  We automatically assume that if we are experiencing setbacks or we hear 20"no's" in a day....this is just not meant to be!  I remember one day not too long after I had started my business 15 years ago, I told my husband "God must not want me to do this business because I keep running into obstacle after obstacle!"  His response was not quite what I expected and at first, I got a little offended by it...you know how sensitive we women can be!  My wise husband just simply looked at me and said, "Maybe God is trying to tell you you need to work harder."  He said it with a smile and a chuckle, but I quickly got the gist of what he was saying.  Sometimes God wants us to take a few steps forward in the direction of our dreams...only then do we succeed and learn what it means to persevere.  We don't learn much or progress much when we are sitting still.  And sometimes, it is the "fear of failure" that is the hardest to overcome. But think about it this way...if it were always easy...we wouldn't know how to help others along their journey when THEY slip and fall.

I wanted to share a song with you that I shared with the ladies at our Nashville Success Rally last weekend. I hesitated to share it at first because I knew that many of the women in that room had been through some really tough things over the past few months.  But, I also knew how much this song meant to me and still speaks to me today.  The past two years have probably been the most difficult for me in my career with BC, but I wouldn't take anything for what I have learned as I have walked through this journey.  God has taught me some AMAZING things and brought many amazing people into my life.  I had to decide, though...why do I really do BeautiControl?  What would my life be without BeatiControl?  The decision was that my life has been so blessed through this company even through the setbacks...I wouldn't be anywhere else with anyone else.  It's about YOU, this awesome team of women that we call "Marshall".   Sometimes life hits hard with things totally out of our control...but one thing we can control is how look at each day ahead.  YOU are why I do what I do and there are many other women I have yet to meet who will be joining our team this year.   Let's focus on helping others achieve their dreams and see where it takes us...deal?

A few months ago, my youngest daughter, Brittany and my best friend, Lee sent me the link to this song called, "Blessings".  Neither one of them knew the other one had sent it to me, but they both obviously knew I needed it.  I remember uncontrollable tears rolling down my face as I listened to the beautiful lyrics in this song.  I listen to it almost every day now because it reminds me that God is in control of everything and that it is sometimes through our difficulties that we learn the most.  Please listen carefully to the lyrics in this song...







Now, I am not trying to be "Debbie Downer"...LOL...but I am trying to be real with you.  None of us can control what is behind us, but each and every one of us can look forward and dream BIG dreams with REAL people.  So, ask yourself a few questions:
  • Why do I do what I do?
  • What is holding me back?
  • Am I focused more on me or my team?
  • What is God teaching me through my setbacks?
  • Am I committed to my goals?
I am looking forward to doing this year with all of you.  We are only as successful as the people we are blessed to work with and serve.  I am SO blessed to have you on this team we call "Marshall".

WE ARE MARSHALL!




No comments: